Tuesday, December 05, 2006

happy anniversary, women.

Five years ago today. Can it be? Has it really been five years since this little piece of bloody bureacracy was posted? Yes. Yes, it has. And what does it say? Let's look closer ...



That's right, ladies. "Do not flush tampons or napkins down the stools. Doing so stops up the stool. A container in each stall is provided for disposal of these items. We appreciate your cooperation. Property Management 12/05/01"
Oh, thanks for the reminder. No menstruating woman I know wants to be the sheepish flusher racing out of the bathroom, trying to feign shock and disgust in front of her co-workers when she hears the intercom pleading for maintenance to report to the women's restroom. No one wants to be her, and no menstrating woman I know loves menstruating. There may be periods of relief, like "Whew! I'm not preggers!," but other than that, no one enjoys the cramps, the expense, the commercials, the self-consciousness or the Xeroxed instructional policies in ladies' rooms everywhere. The only comfort is that we know that plumbers must not enjoy that time of the month either.

No comments: