Monday, March 17, 2014

18 Months

You are moving so fast these days, it’s hard to catch it all in a writing! Eighteen months. Some days it feels short, some days it feel long and every day feels like an adventure. Right now you are pointing to everything wanting to know its name, which you repeat. Like yesterday. Daddy teased you, asking if you wanted to stay in bed all day. Your quick reply was, “Nnno.” He asked, “Are you sssuurree?” You said, “Shur.”

You’re staring to play with your dolls a little more, moving their arms and legs and making them walk. You made a joke! We were running errands when we heard you cackle in your car seat. I looked back to see you laughing at the stuffed elephant that you had balanced on your head. Funny, sweet and smart—made me so proud!

Last week we had our last appointment with the therapists. A quasi-graduation! A year ago we first started services because you were a little slow to roll over. They qualify children for the program if they believe there is a 25% delay. Now they think you are 25% advanced!

Lately, you’ve grown more and more attached to me, which I love. I love that you want to be around my legs in the kitchen or cuddled up in my lap for a book. I love walking into the kitchen when I come home from work to see your surprised/happy/excited face saying “MOMA!” 

We went over to the Whites to see your god brother Joel last weekend, and you put on that surprised face and exclaimed, “JOW!” It’s so fun to see you with your friend Sarah. Over a year apart, but you’re pretty much as tall as she is. The swing that Ms. Kathy used for you is now being use for baby Joel. So beautiful to see you with your quasi-family of siblings.

You just got over quite a cold. After being sick-free all of January and February, we made up for it the first week of March. Two days of normal sniffles and them wham-o! You were as lethargic as I’d ever seen you, laying on the chair watching an entire hour of Sesame Street. Running just a low temp, we took you to the doctor that afternoon, and he assumed it was RSV, which gave me momentary panic. However, RSV isn’t that big of a deal when you’re not an infant. OTC meds and antibiotic helped immediately. Luckily, I was about to start a new job, so I got to stay home with you and snuggle.

In the basement, we have a plastic slide that you absolutely love almost as much as you love being outdoors. You throw a fit when we have to come inside. It’s terrible, but a good terrible, I suppose. ;) This summer is going to be a fun one for you. Books are your absolute favorite. You can’t get enough—more and more, or rather “MORRRR!” or “REEEEEE!” And you are still a great eater. All sorts of fun new foods, like yesterday when we went to The Basha for Mediterranean food. You ate tabouleh salad, Basha chicken, saffron rice, pita & hummus and rice pudding. Incredible!

I’ve already bought your aqua socks and lifejacket for the summer, along with a “slow down” warning sign for the street when you’re playing out front. Researching sandboxes today for what I hope becomes a life-long love for the outdoors.

Love always,

Mama

No comments: