Friday, July 11, 2014

You now.

Whoa. What a change! Your vocabulary is exploding, which makes it super-fun for me to know more about what's going on in that little noggin of yours. I try to post some of the gems on Facebook, but even normal sentences are incredible to hear. You're 1 year old after all--and having real conversations.

Yesterday Gram said that you spent the whole day saying, "I don't know what to do" and putting your finger up to you lip as if you were thinking of something to do.

This morning you said, Mommy. Go. To. Work. Come. Back. Home.
Last night you said, I. Got. It., when helping Daddy carry something up from the freezer.
This week you climbed up onto Mommy and Daddy's big bed and exclaimed, I. Did. It. Self!
When we pull into the driveway, you way, Em's. House.
We went shopping last night and there was a store with a life-size fake tortoise on the sidewalk. Of course, you sat on it and we took a photo. Later on, you said, I. Sat. On. Turtle.
Miss Kristi said you spent a large part of Tuesday singing Jingle. Bells. Jingle. Bells. Jingle. Bells. All. The. Way.

I think it's your correct use of pronouns that's blowing me away.

We've also had to up the ante on discipline. You make your preferences very clear, which don't always jive with safety or wisdom. We're doing our best to let you be you, but to set clear boundaries and expectations. One night this week, we read a couple books before bed. As usual, you ask, One. More. Book. One. More. Read. Please. One. More. and put your had out in the gimme-gimme gesture. One look from me, usually gets you to throw a Please. in there. After reading almost 10 books, there was only one left, to which you implored me, Mom. One. More. PUH-LEASE. And. Thank. YOU!!

You and Daddy play fill-in-the-blank with Johnny Cash songs and "If I only had a brain." We play games with mouth sounds and washcloths and read lots and lots of books. You love your sandbox and pushing your babies around in the stroller.

You spent the 4th at Raoul and Teresa's house in their pool and meeting their friend's Great Dane. Later we went over to Ms. Kathy's and Mr. Dan's for dinner and fireworks with lots of friends and their kiddos. You saw your first sparkler and big fireworks from Corporate Woods. Equally as exciting to you was seeing the moon, a treat for you who conks out at 8:00 p.m.

Also this month, I had an epiphany of sorts for an idea that could lead me to be working from home be the time you're in kindergarten. An idea that I'm ultimately creating for you to get the most out of childhood but that could also be an answer to a prayer as well. Stay tuned, darling!

No comments: