Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Making the most of maternity leave.

They tell me that Nugget will keep me busy enough. They tell me I will be exhausted and on a constant hamster wheel of feedings, diapering, sleeping and pumping. Granted, I can imagine for a time this will be true. However, I'd like to really dig in and suck the marrow out of this temporary leave of the 9-to-5 grind. Is my to-do list too ambitious?

• Cook and socially share new and good recipes. Hey, we gotta eat, right?
• Read the books I own but haven't read yet. Since Nugget can't read yet, why not choose Ben Franklin's autobiography over Pat the Bunny right now?
• Work on a couple project that decorate the house and socially share. Other than the nursery, I haven't done anything to really pull a room together.
• Exercise. I should be able to get in a 30-minute session of something at some point each day.
• Take fun photos of Nugget, family moments, etc. for our family photo book.

Eh?

No comments: