Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Right now, Miss Emery, you have made it to the three-month mark, which means that I have made it to the three month mark. Hallelujah! Everyone kept telling me how something magical happens at this point, and I couldn't quite figure out what they meant. I couldn't figure it out because it happens so subtly. Tiny things happen when people are tiny but leads to big developments.

Last night, you slept for seven hours. This is huge! Then after your 4:30 a.m. bottle you went back down for another two hours. Fantastic! While you didn't take a big nap for Gram yesterday, this means that you are figuring out night sleep. Next stop: through the night!

Right now, you are working very hard to lift your head during tummy time, which has grown on you.

Right now, you are cooing like crazy. When your in the mood, you definitely try very hard to say things, contort your lips and tongue to make different sounds. I swear you try to sing, and that's probably because your Daddy sings Johnny Cash to you nonstop.

Right now you have a favorite toy: the colorful bee that we call Bumble Krinkle. You really like her eyes and your ol' BFF Ms. Fanny.

Right now, you are in 6-month-old sleepers because you are so long. I'm thinking at some point, I'm going to have to cut the feet out so you can stretch more comfortably.

Right now, I'm preparing myself for your time with Ms. Kathy, the wonderful mama I met at church who will be watching you three days a week. I'm praying that you like it. I'm praying that she likes it. I'm praying that I can withstand the guilt. I just keep saying to myself: this year will pay for your school. If I can just make it a year, then I can think about other options. I just miss you and I'm already missing all the things we'd do if I were a SAHM.

It's a great school, I'll keep reminding myself of that.

No comments: