Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Closing in on six months.

Right now you concentrate so sincerely. Every toy, every face, every expression is yours for the taking, and oh, how you study. When falling asleep with your bottle you squeeze my finger, hold my hand or help hold your bottle. You stretch back to get comfortable and sometimes you wiggle your leg to relax.

Right now your are in nine-month-sized clothing. You will turn six months on Friday. In the past week, we've had nearly two feet of snow--your first blizzards! Gram stayed over and made a delicious apple crisp while Mommy and Daddy worked from home.

Speaking of six months, this is the stage I have been waiting for. This age, this size is what babyhood is all about. The smiles, the sturdiness, the exploration, the drool--everything I anticipated. However, I ponder your development more and more. I think about the future you more and more. I wonder what your voice will sound like. I wonder what kinds of things will hold your attention. I wonder how you will grow. I wonder at what age should we try Disneyland. When will you want to go sledding? When will you want me to leave you alone? What will you think of your childhood?

Right now you loiter on your side instead of rolling over. Right now you teeter when I let you sit on your own for a split second. You tried the Johnny Jump Up this weekend and loved it. Almost as much as you love sweet potatoes. Green beans, however, are not at the top of your list. Right now you recognize faces. You know I am food and love. You know that Daddy is funny. You know that Gram is soft and patient. You know that the White house if super fun.

Next week is Daddy's birthday, and I think in a month or so, we may attempt our first date night since before you were born. Experts say that we should be having date nights once a week or once a month at the very least. A couple months ago, we laughed at how our date would just be sleeping. Now, since you are sleeping better, so are we. And that has made a WORLD of difference. Honestly, if early parenting were just the work instead of work+sleep deprivation, I think every house would have at least four kids.

Next goal? Let's get to spring. We need to put the stroller to use after a long winter's nap.

No comments: